Free Builds With a Selected Keep
Facing defeat in the first few seconds of playing your custom-made free build map? In order to make a free build playable, the estate must first be assigned a color. This article explains how to do it when you want to select a castle, rather than use the default castle.
This is the first screen you see after clicking on Map Editor from the main menu and selecting Free Build.
After clicking Edit to go to the map, a blank green map opens with this toolbar ready for you to select a keep.
After placing the keep, follow these steps:
- Click on the landscape tool.
- Click on the little flag.
- Select the color you want for the lord and territory. (Note: choose Red, as that’s the default color for free builds.)
- Click on the castle icon.
- Place the flag on the keep. It will turn into a little flag near the fire.
Return to the main editor screen. Go to the minimap, click on the shield icon, then click on the castle on the map. The default red player’s territory will turn red on the minimap. That’s it – be sure to save your map!
Now when you play your free build, all of the buildings are ready for use, and you won’t get the Defeat message right away.